Book promotion is one of the most difficult aspects of the book publishing process. This is because it is very unpredictable and there is no guarantee that your book will sell well. It is especially difficult for self-publishing writers because they don’t have the financial backing and advice of well-established publishing houses. But that does not mean that you can‘t promote your book without the help of a traditional publishing house. What you need is a systematic take on the book promotion process. Here are some great book promotion techniques that you can do by yourself.
- Create your own blog
Blogs are becoming quite popular nowadays. Even large and well established companies have taken to hiring bloggers to use and blog about their books. This also goes for self-published authors because having a blog of your very own will increase your book promotion range tenfold. This is because blogs are highly versatile and could reach out to a wider demographic. Through your blog you can expand your circle of influence. Not only that, it also allows you to create a rapport with potential readers and start a fan base even before you release your book. It also gives you a platform from which to address other aspects of the book publishing process, such as selling your book through your blog.
- Create a positive reputation for yourself
One of the most important things that you should remember as a self-publishing author is that your book needs a fan base long before you release your book. This is because if you release your book without a strong fan base your book’s sales will suffer. One way of establishing a strong fan base is by creating a positive reputation of yourself as an author. Here are some useful tips.
- Post great content through your blog site. By creating great articles and posting them through your blog site you are showing potential readers your writing skills and establishing yourself as a writer to follow.
- Contribute to various publications that are related to your work.
- You can also write a story and post it through various forums that are related to your work.
- Use book reviews
Book reviews are a great book promotional tool because most readers look to book reviews to make sure that a book is worth reading. There are a lot of avenues that you can take to have your book reviewed. You can have friends and family review your book. But if you really want your book to be recognized by potential readers, it is always a good idea to have your book reviewed by a well-established author in your genre. If you are writing a poetry book, then it is good that you have your book reviewed by an established poet, the same goes for any type of book be it a children’s book or a Christian book. Please be reminded though that not all the authors you send your book to will reply. But if they do, you can use their review and comments as a very potent promotional tool.
- Use Social Media
Of all the promotional tools mentioned here, there can be none more effective than social media in this day and age. This is because social media will provide you with the range to reach out to a vast demographic of people. Social Media marketing also allows you to customize your book promotional campaign and not have to spend a fortune. Here are some great tips on using social media marketing in your book promotion.
- Of all your Social Media Marketing options Facebook is the best choice. Not only is it the most popular and multifaceted social media site in the world it is also very affordable to use as a social media marketing platform. You can use Facebook to expand your circle of influence by having your Facebook friends post advertisements of your book through their Facebook accounts. You can even sell your book through your own and your Facebook friend’s accounts.
- You can also use Twitter and Instagram to spread word of your book.
- Create a truly memorable book
When it comes to book promotion there is nothing more Important than having a good book. Your book promotion campaign may be good and you may have all the resources to draw from. But if your writing is subpar then all of these advantages are useless. So when you write your book, make sure it is a truly memorable one.