Being a self-published author you would know how difficult it is to promote a book. This is because self-publishing entails that you do the entire book publishing process without an established publisher’s help. This of course would mean that you will also pay for the book publishing out of your own pocket. And seeing as that book promotion takes a great deal of effort and money, you will most likely find it a very expensive and challenging process. But it does not really have to be so difficult. What you really need is a book promotion strategy that you can do yourself. Here are some great book promotion tips that you can do yourself.
- Social Media is your best friend
When it comes to book promotion as a self-published author there is nothing more effective than using Social Media. This is because Social Media is the most potent form of advertising used in this day and age. And it is also a less expensive alternative to traditional book promotion. This is why you should use Social Media as much as possible. Here are some great ways that you can use social media to promote your book.
- You can use Facebook as an effective way to advertise your book. This is because Facebook is the most used Social Media site in the world. And everyone is using it. Through Facebook you can reach out to potential readers through your Facebook friends. And seeing as Facebook has various channels that you can post advertisements of your book, you will be surprised at how effective it is.
- You can create a book trailer for your book and post it through YouTube. You can also synchronize this with your Facebook advertising campaign by telling everyone through Facebook about your Book trailer. This will help double your book promotion campaigns reach.
- Use other forms of Social media to supplement your book promotion campaign. You can use Instagram by posting pictures of your book and the writing process. You can also keep your fan base informed by tweeting about your book through Twitter.
- Create a blog
Blogging is one of the most potent forms of advertising nowadays. Large and well established companies pay well known bloggers to use their products and talk about it through their blogs. So the main question here is, why can’t you? Creating a blog site for your book promotion will allow you to reach out to a larger demographic. It will also allow you to customize your blog and add your own personality into it. And this goes for any genre, whether you are promoting a poetry book, children’s book or even a Christian book it is still a considerably effective way to advertise your book. Even better is the fact that you can cultivate your fan base through your blog. Through your blog you can keep in contact with fans and promote your book even more. Just remember that fans are very picky and won’t stay around if your blog has subpar content. So always make sure that your content is always good quality.
- Take part in various online forums
Online forums are a great way to spread word about your book. This is because they are specific and can be easily discovered online. Taking part in online forums related to your book’s genre will allow you to reach out to a specific demographic and talk about your book in the process.
- Endorse yourself as a good writer
When it comes to being a self-published author nothing is more difficult than getting your book recognized by the public. This is because few people would have heard of your book and there would be no anticipation for it. And the lack of anticipation means the lack of sales in the future. This is why you should establish a reputation for yourself as a writer long before you release your book. You can do this by creating great articles for various publications related to your genre. This will keep you in the limelight with fans and create anticipation when you do decide to write your own book. Remember that the more publications you write for the more anticipation there will be.
- Create a truly great book
Of all the book promotion tools there is nothing more important than having a truly great book. You may have the most effective and expensive book promotion campaign in the world. But if your book is not good, then there really is nothing that your book promotion campaign can do. So before you even think of releasing your book make sure that it is perfect. Make sure that you do everything in your power to make it the best book you can possibly write. Because once you create a truly great book then half the battle is already won.